Knowledge and skills:
- Operation and testing of fixed and portable equipment
- Practical knowledge of dealing with all fire and emergency situations
- Practical knowledge of use of all firefighting equipment and techniques
- Understanding of Fire Behavior.
- Recognize fire hazards and abnormalities and recommend appropriate actions
- First aid and resuscitation techniques
- Practical knowledge of using of BA
- Safe working practices
- Ability to apply and monitor high standards of safety ensuring compliance with statutory and company requirements, as well as international best practices.
- Knowledge of local and regional laws pertaining fire and rescue.
- Ability to manage appropriate software packages and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of company safety rules
At least five years experience working in a fire and rescue position in a similar environment.
A relevant professional qualification in a government approved fire related institute or extensive experience gained serving in a fire and rescue capacity during military service.