- Good mechanical foundation and practical knowledge of how it applies to modern power plant and desalination plant processes.
- Practical experience of maintaining a wide range of rotating and static equipment gained through hands on experience and formal training
- Capable to ensure a safe working environment for himself and his colleagues while working on any equipment.
- Assumes ownership of plant mechanical equipment and strives to keep them in the best possible condition.
- Ability to carry out maintenance activities on a range of major engineering components and systems in accordance with OEM Manuals for the equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting activities as necessary to determine failure conditions and rectifies the defects found.
- Works with Plant Operations Personnel for resolving problems encountered with mechanical equipment under the guidance of the Head of Mechanical Maintenance.
- Be an active part of the maintenance team and help it to meet appropriate people and plant related performance measures
- Ability to carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and with multi-disciplinary staff
- Knowledge of international health & safety working practices
- Computer literacy
- Good command of English Language
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience working as a Maintenance Craftsmen or in a similar capacity preferably in a CCGT Power & Water Plant preferably.
Engineering diploma or equivalent